Today I had the pleasure of talking with Kayla Williams. Kayla served as a Sergent in the United States Army. She was an Arabic Linguest for and intelligence company in the 101st Airborne Division.
Kayla is the author of two books: Love My Rifle more than You: Young and Female in the U.S. Army and Plenty of Time when we get home: Love & Recovery in the aftermath of War. We get into a lot more detail about the books in the show and I will be honest they have an Amazing story and journey that has and will continue to inspire and help others.
She still continues to serve by conducting Research and Analysis on National Security and Veteran issues today. Check out her books below when your done with the Show !
Resources from Today's Show
- Kayla 's Website
- Plenty of Time when we get Home
- Love My Riffle more than You
- Veterans Writing Project
- Words After War
Some more you will hear in the show:
- What is it like to be a Female in the Military
- Can you find true love on the Battle Field ?
- The path to recovery is often not an easy one
- Work on your craft in a community of your peers
- The Added pressures of being a Woman in the Military
- Do not settle on a Doctor, look for one that You like
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
If you like the show, please consider leaving the show a review in iTunes as well as Stitcher Radio. A couple minutes of your time can help the show immensely! Thank You!