Today I had a chance to talk with Deb Paschke the director with Hometown Heroes.
We often honor and remember our fallen soldiers but all to often the spouses and children of these heroes are not honored as the should be. Camp Hometown Heroes is specifically designed to provide the children of fallen U.S. service members ages 7-17 with opportunities for friendship, fun, acceptance, and personal growth. Through the support of pediatric grief specialists the children and teenagers are provided the chance to grieve and heal.
Resources from Today's Show
Some more you will hear in the show:
- Since 9/11, nearly 5,000 U.S. children have lost a parent who served
- Losing someone can lead to depression, hardship, and lifelong sorrow
- Never forget the men and women who fought and died for us
- Most last request are to take care of their family and children
- Children of the fallen are given the chance to grow and heal together
- How you can help change the lives of children of fallen soldiers
Join Fire and Adjust Today !