Today's guests on Fire and Adjust is Lee Cockerell, an Army Veteran and former Executive Vice President of Walt Disney World Resorts. Lee is also a bestselling Author of The Customer Rules: The 39 Essential Rules for Delivering Sensational Service, Creating Magic: 10 Common Sense Leadership Strategies from a life at Disney and his newest book Time Management Magic: How To Get More Done Every Day And Move From Surviving To Thriving.
Lee led a team of 40,000 Cast Members (Disney Employees) and was responsible for the operations of 20 resort hotels, four theme parks, two water parks, a shopping and entertainment village, the ESPN sports and recreation complex in addition to the ancillary operations which supported the number one vacation destination in the world.
We talk a lot about Leadership, Customer Service and Management skills needed to succeed in today world. For example we need to hire slower and Great Service follows the laws of gravity ! This episode is jam packed with great tips and advice from Lee and some great offers from Thrive15 as well !
Resources from Today's Show
- Lee Cockerell's Website : LeeCockerell.com
- Time Management Magic: Time Management Magic
- The Customer Rules: The Customer Rules
- Creating Magic: Creating Magic
- Thrive15: Thrive15.com
- Twitter: @leeCockerell
- LinkedIn: Lee Cockerell
Some more you will hear in the show:
- You have not Lived until you have been Fired
- Customer Service is not a Department it is an Attitude
- Did you end up working for the Wrong Boss ?
- Recognition, Appreciation and Encouragement fuels Great Performance
- Hire for Attitude, you can always teach them the skills
- Knowledge without implementation is useless !
Join Fire and Adjust Today !