Today we have both Jennifer Giering with Hiring Our Heroes and Mike Kelly with USAA on the show to talk about Fast Track and some of the many other resources they have available for our military veteran and spouses.
With more than 1.5 million service members entering the civilian community over the next five years, coupled with a still-high unemployment rate of 6.7 percent for Post-9/11 veterans, veterans and their spouses continue to need tools to help them effectively prepare for civilian employment.
That’s why the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation’s Hiring Our Heroes has launched “Fast Track,” an online digital resource specifically tailored for veteran and military spouse job seekers to understand how their military skills translate into certain industries. Fast Track helps job seekers:
- Learn more about six industries with meaningful employment opportunities - insurance, entertainment and media, financial services, oil and gas, manufacturing, and trucking – including average salaries and types of positions in the industry
- Learn what they will need to do to prepare for work in those industries, such as pursue certain licenses or certifications and how long that will take
- Search through a national database of nearly 4 million open positions within these industries, including being able to see via a heat map where most of those jobs are located
Resources from Today's Show
- Fast Track: FastTrackforHeroes.org
- Hiring Our Heroes: HiringOurHeroes.org
- USAA Leaving the Military: USAA.com/LeavingTheMilitary.com
Some more you will hear in the show:
- A resource specifically tailored for veteran and military spouse job seekers
- A national database of nearly 4 million open positions within 6 key industries
- Connecting Veterans with Employment Opportunities in Growing Industries
- Learn what you will need to prepare for work in these top key industries
- Fast Track helps you put your skills to use in a new career
- Industries with in-demand jobs that match your interests, experience, and skills
Join Fire and Adjust Today !