Today’s guest on Fire and Adjust is Lee Cockerell, an Army Veteran and former Executive Vice President of Walt Disney World Resorts. Lee is also a bestselling Author of The Customer Rules: The 39 Essential Rules for Delivering Sensational Service, Creating Magic: 10 Common Sense Leadership Strategies from a Life at Disney, and his newest book Time Management Magic: How To Get More Done Every Day And Move From Surviving To Thriving.
Lee led a team of 40,000 Cast Members (Disney Employees) and was responsible for the operations of 20 resort hotels, four theme parks, two water parks, a shopping and entertainment village, the ESPN sports and recreation complex in addition to the ancillary operations which supported the number one vacation destination in the world.
We talk a lot about Leadership, Customer Service, and Management skills needed to succeed in today’s world. For example, we need to hire slower and Great Service follows the laws of gravity! This episode is jam-packed with great tips and advice from Lee and some great offers from Thrive15 as well!
Resources from Today’s Show
- Lee Cockerell’s Website: LeeCockerell.com
- Time Management Magic: Time Management Magic
- The Customer Rules: The Customer Rules
- Creating Magic: Creating Magic
- Thrive15: Thrive15.com
- Twitter: @leeCockerell
- LinkedIn: Lee Cockerell
Some more you will hear in the show:
- You have not lived until you have been Fired
- Customer Service is not a Department it is an Attitude
- Did you end up working for the Wrong Boss?
- Recognition, Appreciation, and Encouragement fuels Great Performance
- Hire for Attitude, you can always teach them the skills
- Knowledge without implementation is useless!